Sounds Promising - so Kill It

Bishop, Wayne-2

Re: Sounds Promising - so Kill It

Robert Hansen
Unfortunately Wayne, it is a scam.

When NY raised the bar a few years ago, their "proficiency" scores suffered greatly. And they will not release SAT or AP results. Just proficiency data. They are gaming the tests. I would like to think they maybe helped a few students, but with so much fraud, even if they did, they didn't.

Bob

Re: Sounds Promising - so Kill It

When a school lies like this ...

https://www.successacademies.org/results/

It can't be good.

And if the above was even half true, then they would post gibberish like this ...

https://www.successacademies.org/education-blog-post/what-my-sat-score-means-to-me/

I don't know where they lost their way. In the beginning, they seemed to have honest hope, but now, they put Trump to shame.:)

And these results are after a 75% student attrition rate.

Bob

Re: Sounds Promising - so Kill It

Re: Sounds Promising - so Kill It

Bishop, Wayne-2

If the data are wrong, that's really bad.  If it is cherry-picked, it is still pretty impressive.  The 75% dropout rate does not bother me, KIPP schools all the more so.   Needng to work hard in order to stay in school and a genuine school environment strike me as positive even if many opt out .

Wayne

Bob

Re: Sounds Promising - so Kill It

Joe Niederberger
From the article:
“Sometimes when kids look like they’re daydreaming, it’s because they are, and we can’t allow that possibility,” Moskowitz wrote a few years ago, in an editorial for the Wall Street Journal.

Indeed, I believe there was a solution for that very problem  demonstrated in "A Clockwork Orange".

Cheers,
Joe N