The Unusual Saga of a First-Year Math Teacher

The Unusual Saga of a First-Year Math Teacher

Richard Strausz
The link below takes the reader to the cover story from this month's Michigan "MEA Voice". I enjoyed reading it, and I think you will too.

https://mea.org/from-usmc-to-grps-serving-is-in-my-blood/

Richard

Re: The Unusual Saga of a First-Year Math Teacher

Bishop, Wayne-2

"Forney is challenged by the questions of teaching: how to help students who haven’t mastered the foundational skills from middle school; how to get students to believe in the importance of math; how to build their confidence in their own ability to be successful."

How to teach students in courses for which they're not properly prepared, and probably never will be, is hard.  As in impossible, statistically speaking.

Wayne